Kota Damansara Community Forest Society is a membership-based organisation comprising nature lovers, concerned citizens, local residents, special interest groups, Temuan Orang Asli, environmental organisations, outdoor enthusiasts, local businesses, the corporate sector, and like minded individuals who care about protecting and preserving green spaces for conservation and the enjoyment of nature. The Kota Damansara community historically united to campaign for the protection of this forest for the benefit of current and future generations. Our Society is a continuation of this shared vision. We are committed to collaborating effectively with the Selangor Forestry Department and local authorities in order to demonstrate the extraordinary potential of public participation in protecting our biodiversity heritage in line with the National Policy on Biodiversity. As we partner the Forestry Department in the management of the Kota Damansara Community Forest Reserve, our vision is to cultivate a consultative, credible, united and vigilant organisation to protect the Forest Reserve from future threats and promote its sustainable use for education, enrichment and to empower likeminded community groups to play a pro-active role in stewarding forest refuges in their care.
- with the government of the day to ensure the well being of the forest in partnership with the Selangor Forestry Department.
- to implement a jointly agreed upon management plan.
- with scientists, conservation professionals, holders of traditional knowledge, and recreation planners in order to ensure that the forest is well-managed.
- with all individuals and groups using the forest and will from time to time hold fun and meaningful events to engage the entire community.
- with local schools and educational institutions to make available quality environmental education exposure and opportunities.
- with the Temuan Orang Asli community, because we are committed to ensuring that the KDCF creates opportunities for their active involvement in its protection and care, and the preservation of indigenous knowledge and cultural heritage.
- In order to represent, we must communicate and consult. We will endeavour to share information, solicit feedback and work towards building consensus.
- We will meet regularly, hold elections and practice good financial governance.
- We believe that the forest should be accessible to people who seek to connect with nature, without charge.
- We believe that the forest should remain natural. Trails and other human made structures should blend with the natural environment and be aesthetically pleasing.
- We lead by example. KDCF Society is committed to volunteerism and believes it is an important way to bring our community together and to contribute to our nation.
- We will also actively raise the resources to contribute to the steady development of this vision and not depend solely on government spending and staffing.
- Finally, we believe that the KDCF is an opportunity given to us to demonstrate that the diverse urban communities can be committed and effective managers of vital green spaces. We will work to expand the model to other like-minded communities in Malaysia.
Muat turun flyer dalam Bahasa Malaysia